Equities Trader Careers
About this role:
Proprietary traders leverage firm tools and buying power (BP) while enjoying freedom when deploying trading strategies of various sectors and timeframes.
- Build and maintain trade idea generation
- Manage risk and execution on individual books
- Collaborate with other individuals on the trading desk to improve and develop trading strategies
All traders currently need to be licensed with a Series 57 or Series 55 to become a trading member of Avatar. If you are a trader without these active licenses, exam sponsorship and study material are provided for qualified candidates.
All applicants must be current US residents
Entry Level Equities Trader
Location: New York, NY | Chicago, IL
Seeking intelligent individuals with no prior trading experience. Candidates should possess a strong work ethic and a passion for equities trading. We are offering an intense personalized training program for new equities traders. New traders will spend a year in training to develop essential trading skills and strategy development while trading alongside senior traders. Successful trainees will be fully backed by the Firm.
Characteristics that make ideal candidates:
- Strong mathematical skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- 2 years of post-graduate employment (not necessarily in the trading industry)
- Basic understanding of equity markets
- Can thrive in team environments and as an individual
Experienced Equities Trader
Location: New York, NY | Chicago, IL | Remote
Seeking experienced equity and equity options traders with proven track records in equities to join our proprietary trading desks in New York, Chicago, or remote.
Will consider algorithmic, discretionary, and portfolio managers for both intra-day and overnight strategies. Two years of experience required with a live proven track record is required. Email us at email@example.com or apply below.